About Me

My photo
On a mission to save $1,000 dollars in less than a year, and help others save money throughout my journey. Other than that, make my husband (and all men out there) realize, that shopping after all, IS A GOOD THING. :-)

Savings Meter

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

There is such thing as FREE!

Im back from my hectic afternoon and of course, shopping was in that list.

PANERA BREAD
I stopped by Panera Bread (one of my favorite places in the world) and ordered my usual Chicken Cobb Salad and put it on my Panera Reward card. I got a free Mango Smoothie valued for  $3.99. Yay!

Here it is: My chicken cobb salad and my FREE Mango Smoothie.



Walgreens:


I passed by a Walgreens to make a small refill in my house which ended up in me buying more things that i really needed, but in the long run, necessary.

The picture below has items i bought at Walgreens, and as you can see, is divided in two.

On the left, it is  everything i bought for $50.01 dollars, and on the right, is everything i got for FREE.


Here's the details:

Everything I payed for: (Left)


1 Detail Shower Gel : $5.99
1 Walgreen Liquid Detergent: 4.99
1 Walgreen Liquid Detergent Whites: $4.99
1 Walgreen Cold Multisymptom: $6.49
1 Wal-born+ Probiotics(Airborne): $6.99
1 Goody hair bands (2 set): $5.49
1 Extention cord 6ft: $2.59
1 Softsoap Body Wash: $4.49
1 Bioinfusion Hairspray: $7.99
1 Lysol Toilet Cleaner: $2.99

Everything i got for FREE: (right)


1 Detail Body Lotion: Free
1 Walgreen Liquid Detergent: Free
1 Walgreen Liquid Detergent Whites: Free
1 Walgreen Cold Multisymptom: Free
1 Wal-born+ Probiotics(Airborne): Free
1 Goody hair bands (2 set):Free
1 Extention cord 6ft : Free
1 Softsoap Body Wash: Free
1 Bioinfusion Hairspray: Free
1 Lysol Toilet Cleaner: Free


I did buy several other items with coupons (like 24 bottles water, 1 box of Milkbone treats for my doggy Cookie, a Crest toothpaste, and 1 gallon of water) but those were a total of  $10.00 savings

So here is my final total:

Walgreens: I payed a total of $78.96 and I saved $65.98.
Panera: FREE Mango Smoothie (valued at $3.99)

Today's Total:  $82.95 SAVED!!!

CONCLUSION TO DAY 1: A complete success!!

2 comments:

  1. I love Panera!!!!!! My fave is Frontega Chicken Yum!!! Good job Julie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laly!! My love affair with Panera Bread started about a month ago...OMG...someone please make it stop! LOL. Stay tuned for more updates! xoxo

    ReplyDelete